One thing I love about working with my clients is that I learn as much from them as they say they do from me. It’s the best part of my job.
Momma Michelle is passionate about the food that she buys, she loves food documentaries, smoothies, and making healthy organic meals for her family. She is quite the cook, I have had the privilege to taste some of her yummy meals proving to me that you can make organic meals delicious without losing flavor.
When I first met her, she was super excited to offer me a smoothie that she had just made. Apprehensive, (I watched what was going into that smoothie-brewer’s yeast didn’t sound appetizing to the non-lactating person in the room) I agreed to taste it only after she told me it tasted like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. Keep in mind, this is my first time meeting this incredibly sweet momma and I love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. To my surprise as the liquid reached my lips, I quickly realized this actually tasted nothing like a Reese’s and the panic set in. Trying to hold my facial expressions (those of you that know me, know this is a weakness of mine), I politely choked the smoothie down as best I could. I didn’t have the heart to tell her how much I didn’t like it.
After many more days spent with Michelle and baby Lewis, we talked about everything from breastfeeding and how to achieve nighttime sleep rhythms to food documentaries, shopping at Trader Joe’s and why I never accepted another smoothie offering. Momma Michelle can have her smoothies, (I’ll take a real Reese’s) but she has found a hidden gem in Trader Joe’s.
Thanks to Michelle, I too have found several items that have helped make my life as a working momma a whole lot easier when it comes to dinner and meal prep. These meals could easily be incorporated into family dinners for those bringing home newborn babies as well. Thanks Michelle for sharing your momma tricks with me!
Top 7 breakdown for dinner on the fly, inspired by Momma Michelle and Trader Joe’s:
1. Chicken pot pie (from the freezer section) with a small salad
2. Trader Joe’s roasted garlic spaghetti sauce, paired with your favorite noodle, fresh homemade meatballs or Trader Joe’s frozen meatballs
3. Taco night! Trader Joe’s Refried jalapeño black beans (in a can) and yummy avocados for guacamole
4. Latin black bean soup, Cuban-style black beans, rotisserie chicken, your favorite seasoning, cilantro and rice
Mix it all together and you’ll have a yummy dish
5. Trader Joe’s pot sickers, frozen fried rice, and a frozen veggie
6. Burgers (Fresh meat or frozen patties), Trader Joe’s frozen potatoes, kale salad from the produce section
7. Roasted Whole Chicken or Chicken Breast, Trader Joe’s frozen quinoa, baked sweet potatoes, broccoli